The Atlantic Center for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine is located in beautiful downtown Belmar, New Jersey, convenient to most major roads in the area (Routes 138, 35, 71, 18, and the Garden State Parkway). We offer private treatment rooms that are quiet and calming with relaxing music and gentle lighting to provide you with a space to renew your vitality and return to a wealth of health.
- Before You Arrive
- It is helpful to wear loose fitting clothing, it is best to have eaten before your treatment, but not within the last hour. It is also best to spend the rest of your day as relaxed as possible.
- If you need to cancel an appointment please do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment so we can fill that time with another person in need of care. Failure to do so may result in you being charged for the session.
- Please arrive or be prepared for your treatment a few minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you are a new client, allow 15 minutes to fill out your forms. You may visit the Documents Page to download forms and fill them out before you come to The Atlantic Center.If you are late for your appointment you will be provided as much time as available within the scheduled time slot.
- Payment is due upon receipt of services. Cash and checks are accepted at this time. Please make checks payable to The Atlantic Center, or if you prefer, we provide a stamp for your convenience.
- As a courtesy to those with insurance coverage, we can fill out and mail the forms to your provider. Please be sure you have provided The Atlantic Center with your insurance card. Please go to the Insurance Page for more information. For more information, see below.
902 Main Street
Belmar, NJ 07719
Tues. & Wed.: 9am-7pm
Thurs. & Fri.: 9am-4pm
Other hours by appointment only, please call the office.
We pride ourselves on our personal connection we have with our clients. Every client is given an individualized treatment plan and care is taken to ensure that we are progressing toward optimum health and wellness.
The Atlantic Center’s goal is to provide quality Chinese medical care to people who are interested in taking control of their health and wellness. This includes Acupuncture, Auricular Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Gasotransmitter Therapy, and Qi Gong.
Most people want to know how many treatments are needed for a particular condition. If it were only that simple. Your health history and current state of health, the condition and how long it's been going on, the severity, all of these have an impact on how many treatments it will take to get you healthy and living the life you desire. So, before we can get started, we'll need you to fill out our health history and permissions forms. Please call the office to request the documents and send them back at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
Health Insurance Coverage
Does Your Health Insurance Policy Cover Acupuncture?
So many people ask me if acupuncture is covered by insurance; the short answer is: it depends on your policy. Horizon’s NJDirect (formerly Traditional) Plan does cover acupuncture as an out-of-network benefit. As a courtesy to my clients, I accept this insurance. Please call the office to discuss this policy.
There are other policies that accept The Atlantic Center, and I will help you get as much money as possible from your insurance company. I do require you to pay for the services rendered; your insurance company will reimburse you directly.
While many insurance companies are now covering acupuncture you need to check with your carrier and get the details about your policy.If you are someone taking charge of your healthcare, the last thing you need is a surprise bill in the mail because you were not sure what to expect from your insurance provider.
First, as a consumer of health insurance, you have a right to know what is covered on your policy. Your insurance card usually has a contact phone number on the back, call them directly and ask them the following questions:
- Does my policy cover acupuncture treatments?
- How many treatments are covered per year? In some cases there is no limit to the number of treatments, in other cases the provider may limit treatment to 10 or 20 total treatments in a plan year.
- Does my policy cover 100% or some portion of the treatment? Sometimes, a policy will only cover 80% of the cost of the treatment, regardless of the cost.
- Is there a deductible? A deductible is the portion not covered by the insurance coverage. For example, one person was told he had a $300 deductible. This means he has to submit $300 in medical costs before the insurance company will pay for treatment. Note that this is medical costs, not just acupuncture!
- Does my policy cover the condition for which I am seeking treatment. Some policies will only cover treatment for pain conditions while others do not discriminate. Most policies do not cover weight management and smoking cessation, however, many people seeking these treatments also require treatment for conditions covered by acupuncture.
When you have the answers to these questions, ask the operator just a few more:
- Ask their name
- a reference number for the call
- their badge number
- time and date of the call
Now you have written documentation that you are covered (or not).
Once you have these questions answered, you’ll be in a much better position to understand what your insurance coverage can do for you.