If you are reading this you know that Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is one of the fastest growing segments of healthcare today. You probably know someone who’s had it and you are interested to know what it can do for you. Here are the top 5 benefits of acupuncture spelled out simply and clearly.
- Reduces Inflammation – Acupuncture has been shown in many studies to reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the mechanism behind every -itis you can think of: arthritis, bursitis, colitis, tendinitis, tinnitus, etc.
- Increase Blood Flow – Our bodies rely on blood to deliver everything we need to function on a daily basis. Blood picks up oxygen from the lungs and makes it available to every cell in the body. The same goes for nutrients, the blood picks up nutrients from the Small Intestine and delivers it to every cell. Especially, the cells that are working hard and need more of it. But that’s only half the job! Once the blood has delivered it’s payload it picks up waste products and brings them where they belong. By inserting our tiny needles into various places on the body, we stimulate that (very powerful and very necessary) blood flow!
- Balances Hormonal levels – The body functions optimally when everything is in balance and the body does its best to maintain that balance. For various reasons that balance can be disrupted: stress, injury, poor diet, lack of sleep, toxins, etc. Acupuncture stimulates the body and brain to release hormones that balance your body’s chemistry. Studies have show direct changes to specific hormones based on specific acupuncture points.
- Reduce Pain – For some people this is the number 1 reason to seek out acupuncture. All treatments cause the body to release beta-endorphins that tell the brain that the pain you are experiencing is not really there.
- Improve Metabolism – Regular acupuncture treatments help improve your ability to digest and assimilate the foods you eat. Remember the food you eat becomes YOU!
Acupuncture has been shown over thousands of years to helpful for a myriad of conditions and also to help maintain a healthy body and protect against illness. For more information, or to schedule your next wellness treatment, please call the office at 732.775.0033